Director of Financial Services
This role will lead and oversee the company’s accounting, management reporting, budgeting/forecasting, and financial analysis activities. The position will also liaise with the outside accountants on the annual review and tax activities. A key initiative in the upcoming years will be to upgrade the company’s financial systems, with this position having a leadership role.
- Oversee all accounting activities, including general ledger and sub-ledgers. Manage a staff of 2.
- Provide relevant management reporting to the owners and department managers. Develop relevant KPI’s to assess performance of important business levers and integrate throughout the organization.
- To identify and evaluate areas to reduce costs as part of the company’s overall cost reduction program.
- Lead and develop the Company's Business Plan and budgets. Prepare subsequent forecasts as necessary.
- To identify training needs within the department and make suitable recommendations for action.
- Lead the IT project to upgrade the financial systems. Be a team member of the company’s overall ERP systems upgrade project.
- To develop a culture of empowerment throughout the team ensuring that all employees take responsibility for the ongoing success of the Company.
- To develop a customer focused approach to the internal client base.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance. A CPA or MBA is a plus.
- 10+ years of broad and successful experience which spans accounting, budgeting, management reporting, financial analysis, and financial systems activities.
- Knowledgeable of financial software solutions tailored to middle market companies.
- Familiar with income tax accounting. Some knowledge of the federal income tax code would be beneficial.
- Supervisory experience of a small staff
- Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Ability to conduct analysis and make decisions with less than perfect information.
- Help promote organizational change to foster the company’s growth.
- A self-starter, with strong initiative to address needs as they are identified.
- Team player.
- Strong leadership to serve as a role model for the broader organization.
Vosges Haut-Chocolat offers a challenging, professional team-work environment within a business casual, manufacturing environment. We offer excellent career growth opportunities, competitive salary package, profit sharing, 401(k), medical and life insurance, as well as paid time-off.
We are dedicated to hiring candidates who align themselves with our Mission and Vision. Vosges Haut-Chocolat is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit resume to: email@example.com