Chorizo and Dominican Chocolate Tapas Recipe
The combination of spicy Spanish chorizo atop a slick of tart 74% dark chocolate and a cushion of freshly baked Spanish bread will tantalize your taste buds.
Prep Time: 16 Mins | Cook Time: 8 Mins
- Traditional Galician Bread
- Spanish Arbequina Olive Oil
- Maldon Salt
- 1 3oz Vosges Guajillo + Chipotle Chili Super Dark Chocolate Bar
Katrina's Inspiration"My first foray with chorizo and chocolate came with this recipe for Bacon Bar and raw and soft Chorizo Stuffed Dates baked with Spicy Oaxaca Red Sauce. In this latest experiment, I wanted to simplify and break it down as a quick umami seduction."
- 1. Per instructions, finalize the baking of the bread in your oven.
- 2. When cooled slice bread in ½ inch thick pieces. Drizzle with Spanish olive oil.
- 3. Place 2-3 broken bits of chocolate on top of the bread.
- 4. Place 2-3 slices of hot chorizo on top of the Guajillo + Chipotle Chili Super Dark Chocolate, sprinkle with Maldon salt.
- 5. Place in the oven at 250 for 8 minutes to melt and heat.
- 6. Take out of the oven and eat immediately.
Bacon Bar and Chorizo Stuffed Dates Recipe
The magic of that salty and spicy meat, a touch of sweet chocolate and some acidic tomato is heightened by a roasting process that brings it all together. Spread the flavor and try it out.
Ricotta Cheese with Olive Oil and Dark Chocolate Recipe
This recipe is perfect for cheese and chocolate lovers. Crumbled Smoked Salt Chocolate Bar atop ricotta cheese...mmm. It takes just minutes to make a satisfying snack or you can also serve this Ricotta with an hors d'oeuvre plate. Use fresh ricotta for this recipe to enhance your chocolate and cheese experience.
Red Fire Toffee Popcorn Recipe
Here's a spicy twist on your favorite football and movie treat. Try Red Fire Toffee tossed together with popcorn. Buttery toffee, Ceylon cinnamon, ancho chili and smoky pecans combined with the salty, savory taste of hot and buttery popcorn.