Holy Basil, Ginger & Lime Tea with Cocoa Nibs Recipe
Fragrant and refreshing ice tea with Thai basil, lime, ginger & cocoa nibs
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 6 cups of water
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar, organic agave syrup OR 3 full droppers of liquid Stevia
- 1/4 cup cocoa nibs
- 1 inch of ginger, peeled and roughly sliced
- 2 tbsp tamarind pulp (optional)
- 1 handful of Thai Holy Basil or Italian Sweet Basil
Katrina's Inspiration"Warmer weather and my craving for all things tart inspired me to mix up this pitcher of fragrant "tea". Memories of the floating Thai market wafted back... I inhaled holy basil and kaffir lime."
Directions1. Put water, lime juice and sugar, agave or stevia in a large pitcher.
2. Put the peeled ginger in a Vita-Mix blender, my kitchen accessory of choice, with 1 cup of the water mixture. Blend until smooth.
3. Add the ginger mixture back to the pitcher. Add the cocoa nibs, tamarind (if using) and the entire bunch of basil whole.
4. Stir. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Sugar will dissolve and flavors will infuse.
5. Stir and serve over ice with holy basil garnish.
6. Enjoy paired with Black Pearl® Exotic Chocolate Bar.
Featured ProductOrganic Peanut Butter Bonbons, 9 pieces
Bonbon filled with creamy organic peanut butter, infused with pink Himalayan salt and enrobed in rich chocolate.... Learn More »