Holy Basil, Ginger & Lime Tea with Cocoa Nibs Recipe
Fragrant and refreshing ice tea with Thai basil, lime, ginger & cocoa nibs
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 6 cups of water
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar, organic agave syrup OR 3 full droppers of liquid Stevia
- 1/4 cup cocoa nibs
- 1 inch of ginger, peeled and roughly sliced
- 2 tbsp tamarind pulp (optional)
- 1 handful of Thai Holy Basil or Italian Sweet Basil
Katrina's Inspiration"Warmer weather and my craving for all things tart inspired me to mix up this pitcher of fragrant "tea". Memories of the floating Thai market wafted back... I inhaled holy basil and kaffir lime."
Instructions1. Put water, lime juice and sugar, agave or stevia in a large pitcher.
2. Put the peeled ginger in a Vita-Mix blender, my kitchen accessory of choice, with 1 cup of the water mixture. Blend until smooth.
3. Add the ginger mixture back to the pitcher. Add the cocoa nibs, tamarind (if using) and the entire bunch of basil whole.
4. Stir. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Sugar will dissolve and flavors will infuse.
5. Stir and serve over ice with holy basil garnish.
6. Enjoy paired with Black Pearl® Exotic Chocolate Bar.
Jamaican Christmas Sorrel Punch Recipe
This drink makes a perfect offering at a holiday brunch or an open house, and it's also perfect to sip alongside the Rasta truffle (Jamaican sorrel + fresh ginger + nutmeg + mango + white chocolate + hibiscus flower) from our seasonal Zion Collection. Give it a try, but beware… a few sips and you may start to hear the faint sounds of the reggae Christmas carols and feel a hint of Jamaican "Christmas breeze" luring you to book a flight and spend your holiday on the island.
Bianca Breeze Recipe
This is a chilled version of our Drinking White Chocolate, Bianca Couture Cocoa. It's rich and satisfying, but not too sweet because the citrus notes of lemon myrtle cut the sweetness of white chocolate. Served in a martini glass, it makes the perfect dessert drink for entertaining.
Bacon Bar and Chorizo Stuffed Dates Recipe
The magic of that salty and spicy meat, a touch of sweet chocolate and some acidic tomato is heightened by a roasting process that brings it all together. Spread the flavor and try it out.