Mo's Bacon Bar Panini Recipe
Use your left hemisphere to follow the easy recipe and treat yourself to a Bacon and Chocolate panino. Then, step to the right of your left hemisphere to taste and feel the aromas, textures and flavors. This savory recipe combines our popular Mo's® Bacon Chocolate Bar with fresh bacon and Italian county bread slathered with a special butter from Isigny Ste Mere that contains coarse grains of grey sea salt.
Prep Time: 1 Min | Cook Time: 5 Mins
- Equipment needed: Panini press or waffle iron or clothes iron and cast iron plan (see tips below)
- 2 Italian country bread slices about 4-5 inches wide and ½ inch thick
- 2 Tbsp Sea Salted butter (suggest the great French brand, Isigny Ste Mere, or make your own by mixing ½ tsp Maldon salt and 2 tbsp of a fabulous butter)
- 2 squares of Vosges Milk Bacon Bar or Dark Bacon Bar
- Pinch of Maldon salt
- 2 strips of crispy bacon (optional)
Katrina's Inspiration"If you have been following my blog, Peace, Love & Chocolate, you know I have been on a panini and bacon + chocolate kick. Finally, I combine them both. At our Vosges® Degustation Soirees we really play up the savory element of the bacon in the paninis by adding a wonderful slice of gruyere cheese, a piece of sizzling bacon, a dollop of whole grain mustard and spear each panino with a cherry tomato and a gherkin. Try this alternative as a fun hors d'oeuvre!"
- 1. Spread butter on all sides of the bread.
- 2. Place bacon bar squares on one piece of bread, followed by strips of bacon if you are using them and a sprinkle of salt.
- 3. Place other piece of buttered bread on top and press with Panini press until golden brown.
- Yields: 1 Panino
- Make sure your bread doesn't have many gaping holes or your fillings may seep through and burn.
- If you don't have a Panini press substitute with a waffle iron as you see I did in the photos. Or try a cast iron skillet hold with a clothes iron on top – quite the contraption I assure you.
- Make sure the bread you use isn't overly crusty or it may cut your mouth a bit when pressed. At the same time don't choose a overly soft bread not a good quality sign either and it won't have the rigidity. I suggest a crusty ciabatta or italian peasant bread.
- Use organic or home grown where possible.
Ricotta Cheese with Olive Oil and Dark Chocolate Recipe
This recipe is perfect for cheese and chocolate lovers. Crumbled Reishi Mushroom & Walnut Super Dark Chocolate Bar atop ricotta cheese...mmm. It takes just minutes to make-a satisfying snack or you can also serve this Ricotta with an hors d'oeuvre plate. Use fresh ricotta for this recipe to enhance your chocolate and cheese experience.
Organic Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Panini Recipe
A delicious combination of savory and sweet, this recipe will satisfy even the strongest comfort food cravings. This organic peanut butter, chocolate and banana panini is made with a special butter from Isigny Ste Mere that contains coarse grains of grey sea salt.
Bacon Bar and Chorizo Stuffed Dates Recipe
The magic of that salty and spicy meat, a touch of sweet chocolate and some acidic tomato is heightened by a roasting process that brings it all together. Spread the flavor and try it out.