Chili & Chocolate Raisin Panini Recipe
The bittersweet chocolate has an earthy, fruity flavor which complements the bread and raisins. The sweetness of the raisins offsets the tannic nature of this incredibly dark chocolate while bringing out its fruity undertones.
Cook Time: 4 Min | Serves: 1
- 2 slices of ciabatta or Italian country bread
- 1 tsp unsalted butter
- 1 oz. Vosges® Guajillo + Chipotle Chili Super Dark Chocolate Bar(3 squares), chopped
- 6-8 plump raisins
Katrina's Inspiration"My many chillies + chocolate creations pay homage to chocolate's origins. Oaxaca, Mexico is revered as the birthplace of chocolate and is known for thick, hot beverages and wondrous mole sauces. Pairing raisins with the Guajillo + Chipotle Chili Super Dark Chocolate Bar in this panini recipe was inspired by the fruits that are an important part of mole recipes."
- 1. Heat a Panini press. Lightly butter both sides of each slice of bread.
- 2. Spread chopped Guajillo + Chipotle Chili Super Dark Chocolate evenly across one slice of bread with the raisins and sandwich the other slice atop.
- 3. Grill the sandwich in the press until brown and crispy on the outside, about 4 minutes.
Featured ProductMix 'n' Match Chocolate Bars
Mix 'n Match chocolate bars and pick your selection of five 3oz. chocolate bars from our Exotic Chocolate Bars range - and get the sixth on us!... Learn More »