Chili & Chocolate Raisin Panini Recipe
The bittersweet chocolate has an earthy, fruity flavor which complements the bread and raisins. The sweetness of the raisins offsets the tannic nature of this incredibly dark chocolate while bringing out its fruity undertones.
Cook Time: 4 Min | Serves: 1
- 2 slices of ciabatta or Italian country bread
- 1 tsp unsalted butter
- 1 oz. Vosges® Guajillo + Chipotle Chili Super Dark Chocolate Bar(3 squares), chopped
- 6-8 plump raisins
Katrina's Inspiration"My many chillies + chocolate creations pay homage to chocolate's origins. Oaxaca, Mexico is revered as the birthplace of chocolate and is known for thick, hot beverages and wondrous mole sauces. Pairing raisins with the Guajillo + Chipotle Chili Super Dark Chocolate Bar in this panini recipe was inspired by the fruits that are an important part of mole recipes."
- 1. Heat a Panini press. Lightly butter both sides of each slice of bread.
- 2. Spread chopped Guajillo + Chipotle Chili Super Dark Chocolate evenly across one slice of bread with the raisins and sandwich the other slice atop.
- 3. Grill the sandwich in the press until brown and crispy on the outside, about 4 minutes.
Mo's Bacon Bar Panini Recipe
Use your left hemisphere to follow the easy recipe and treat yourself to a Bacon and Chocolate panino. Then, step to the right of your left hemisphere to taste and feel the aromas, textures and flavors. This savory recipe combines our popular Mo's® Bacon Chocolate Bar with fresh bacon and Italian county bread slathered with a special butter from Isigny Ste Mere that contains coarse grains of grey sea salt.