Roasted Cacao Cauliflower Recipe
Roasted Cacao Cauliflower With Yogurt Dip And Grilled Naan
IngredientsRoasted Cacao Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- olive oil
- sea salt, Maldon or Murray River
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cacao
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3/4 oz mint leaves (1 big handful)
- cilantro leaves, small handful
- 16 oz Greek plain yogurt
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp toasted cumin seeds or caraway for garnish
- naan bread
- olive oil
- Maldon sea salt
- 70% dark chocolate
Katrina's Inspiration"My favorite vegetable, cauliflower makes many an appearance on my plates. Cauliflower has a mineral, earthy taste, which makes it ideal for roasting and cacao. A hot oven will intensify these flavors. Unsweetened cacao also carries an earthy note and a sprinkling of the dark powder performs magic, boosting the depth of the roasted flavor. Most palates will recognize the enhancement, but will likely not be able to identify the magic ingredient."
- 1. Preheat the oven 400 degrees
- 2. Place cauliflower florets on a parchment lined baking sheet
- 3. Drizzle with a buttery and smooth olive oil
- 4. Sprinkle sea salt on top and toss the florets gently to coat
- 5. Sprinkle the cocoa powder over the top evenly
- 6. Bake for 30 minutes.
- 1. Put all the ingredients except the cumin seeds in a blender
- 2. Puree until smooth
- 3. Sprinkle toasted cumin seeds on top and drizzle with olive oil.
- 1. Brush the naan with olive oil and sprinkle it with salt
- 2. Grill on each side for about 3 minutes or until hot
- 3. Cut into 1 inch strips and sprinkled with finely grated dark chocolate.