Director of Retail
The Director of Retail will provide leadership for all Vosges Haut-Chocolat Retail Managers by providing clear and concise communication, coaching and advising, training and development. Manage retail operational initiatives and financial goals. Monitor, build and maintain sales, budgets and projections. Drive the luxury service of all customers and lead the cultural development of Vosges Haut-Chocolat retail team members.
- Leadership: Provide leadership for all Retail Managers of Vosges Haut-Chocolat by providing clear vision and objectives, coaching, advising, training and development.
- Sales Generation/Analysis: Manage Retail Division operational initiatives and financial goals. Measure and drive the following: Sales growth, Inventory turns, COGS, Shrink, Customer acquisition/retention, Customer reviews/feedback, Profitability, Average sales units/dollars. Manage programs to incentivise staff to contribute to the above.
- Business Management: Monitor, build and maintain sales, budgets, projections, costs and overhead for Vosges Haut-Chocolat’s Retail division. Support and promote responsibility for loss prevention in all areas of risk-management, physical security, boutique cash controls, inventory management.
- Business Development: Source new marketing ideas for retail implementation and sales development.
- Customer Service: Ensure all Vosges employees are providing luxury service to all customers. Resolve all external/internal client concerns quickly and effectively. Empower team to make decisions for customers that support their best interest, as well as, the company’s philosophy.
- Merchandising: Maintain high quality brand image through effective merchandising. Build merchandising program to drive sales through logical placement of merchandise while maintaining brand aesthetic and driving innovation in this area.
- Staff Development/Coaching: In conjunction with Vosges Haut-Chocolat’s Human Resources Director; recruit, train, develop, staff ensuring that all positions are filled in a timely manner with best suited candidate(s). Work with Retail team to develop/motivate staff and build upon operational and service oriented skill sets. Implement and maintain staff evaluation process and provide constant feedback to ensure results and staff retention.
- Training: Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of Vosges Haut-Chocolat and create/implement programs that will ensure that all Vosgiennes are fluent in all aspects of company brand, vision, and product and service knowledge. Participate in training/activities with other companies to find best practices and programs that will enhance Vosges initiatives.
- Organizational Development: Lead the cultural development of the Vosges Haut-Chocolat staff, creating an environment that is aspirational to other luxury brands. Support and lead cultural and charitable causes that enhance and support the Vosges philosophy (Little Kids Who Rock, VDAY, 826, TED, in-house yoga.) Lead planning and implementation of all-company meetings.
- Communication: Ensure that communication is the drum beat of the company internally and externally.
- Have fun and eat a lot of chocolate: The environment is fun and creative and filled with foodies who embrace the Vosges vision of being an ever changing, organic, spiritual, luxury and avant-garde temple that expresses itself through the medium of chocolate.
- Direct Reports: - Retail Store Managers
- Respective team members
- College degree OR equivalent work experience.
- 7 years of related business experience managing boutiques for a product driven, luxury brand.
- Ability to work across all business units with Vosges Haut-Chocolat.
- Leadership and strong verbal and written communication skills are imperative. Experience in a global business environment is a plus.
- Excel, Word, Outlook, RPRO
Travel the World Through Chocolate
Vosges Haut-Chocolat’s intriguing chocolate creations are made with the finest ingredients from around the world, sourced by owner and chocolatier Katrina Markoff. Vosges Haut-Chocolat and the concept of Travel the World through Chocolate were inspired by her journeys to create a luxury chocolate experience while bringing about awareness of the world’s cultures by fusing a gamut of indigenous spices, flowers, roots, herbs and liqueurs with premium chocolate.
The founding of Vosges Haut-Chocolat launched a global chocolate revolution. Nominated by Food & Wine Magazine as the chocolatier leading us into the next 30 years, Katrina is credited with igniting the chocolate industry with innovation—fusing high quality chocolate and exotic ingredients (such as bacon and spices) in avant-garde ways.
Vosges Haut-Chocolat currently has eight Purple House boutiques in Chicago, New York, Beverly Hills, and Las Vegas. The company also operates online at www.vosgeschocolate.com. Vosges Haut-Chocolat is a certified organic manufacturer and operates on 100% Renewable Energy.
Vosges Haut-Chocolat offers a challenging, professional team-work environment within a business casual, manufacturing environment. We offer excellent career growth opportunities, competitive salary package, profit sharing, 401(k), medical and life insurance, as well as paid time-off.
We are dedicated to hiring candidates who align themselves with our Mission and Vision. Vosges Haut-Chocolat is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit resume and cover letter to: email@example.com