Research & Development
This individual will be responsible for guaranteeing the innovation, the research and development, and optimization of products, building on the company values and quality standards. They will ensure compliance with safe food practices and will develop project plans, monitor and report project progress against timelines. This position will interact directly with the CEO, as well as Production, Purchasing, Quality Assurance, and Marketing departments to deliver products that are consistent with Vosges Haut-Chocolat business strategies and goals.
- - Research, develop, and test new food items and new or alternative ingredients to improve existing items.
- - Adjusts recipes during culinary testing via input from Katrina Markoff/CEO.
- - Generate recipes, procedures and complete specifications to ensure consistent execution of products according to VHC standards.
- - Keeps current on food trends and new product development, especially those related to chocolate and the confectionery industry.
- - Assist in identification, development, refinement and planning of new product concepts that will meet business strategies.
- - Responsible for tracking product consumption, labor hours, food cost, etc., as necessary to gauge overall profitability of test goals.
- - Manage development of experimental formulas, processing procedures and specifications for new or improved products that meet project parameters, marketing goals, food regulations and operation feasibility.
- - Develop, monitor and report project status to ensure timely formulation changes, while working with internal departments and external resources to develop recipes and methods of food production.
- - Manage large batch trial runs to validate or modify formulas and processing procedures to ensure reproducibility of the finished product.
- - Follow new products/recipes from conceptualization to actual production (small trial, large batch trial, mould testing, packaging, launch date, etc.)
- - Document, coordinate and train internal employees on procedures to support the launch of new and current products.
- - Responsible for sourcing new raw ingredients, organic ingredients and secondary sources.
- - Develop a working relationship with suppliers and recognize new trends in raw material market place for a potential integration into a new or optimized formula.
- - Responsible to ensure smooth execution and successful delivery of projects by applying good practices of project management.
- - Solicit information regarding future product requirements to collectively address opportunities.
- - Work with Quality Assurance to manage required product and validation prior to launch a product (testing including but not limited to shelf-life, stability, retains, analytical, raw material, sensory tasting).
- - Will have through knowledge of Vosges Haut-Chocolat standard operating procedures for product manufacturing
- - Will have demonstrated knowledge of how to table and seed temper
- - Strong attention to detail
- - Strong math skills
- - Solid presentation skills
- - Able to communicate effectively with senior management and vendors, both orally and written
- - Ability to meet deadlines
- - Documentation accuracy, organization, analytical and follow-up skills are critical
- - Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment
- - Ability to recognize and identify subtle flavour differences in products
- - Knowledge in food science, ingredients functionality and food processing
- - Culinary degree from accredited culinary school
- - Minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience (chocolate preferred)
- - Outstanding communication and work ethic
- - Can work as part of a team or independently
- - Experience in new product development and production start-ups and troubleshooting
- - Capable of formulation in a timely manner
- - Ability to handle pressure and take direction in a demanding environment
- - Bilingual (Spanish)
- - Knowledge of Vosges Haut-Chocolat products
- - Outgoing, enthusiastic and food-minded individual
Thank you for your time and interest in employment with Vosges Haut-Chocolat. Your resume will be reviewed, once received, and a Vosges representative will contact you if additional followup is needed.
About Vosges Haut-Chocolat:
Vosges Mission: Vosges Haut-Chocolat® welcomes
you to an experiential realm of storytelling through the medium of
chocolate. By means of esteemed craftsmanship and conscious
innovation, we inspire you to interact with the world in a
- Value No.1 – We uphold our brand experience as our highest
priority, delivered through the quality and craftsmanship of
our artisanal chocolate, thoughtful narratives, and flawless
- Value No.2 – We champion ethical and environmentally
sustainable practices, and are accountable for our impact, as
we create chocolate with a worldview.
- Value No.3 – We inspire and model innovation, taking risks
and pushing the boundaries of chocolate conventions.
- Value No.4 – We celebrate a diversity of ideas,
backgrounds, and interests in our people and our
- Value No.5 – We foster collaboration, flexibility,
spontaneity and positive, solution-driven thinking.
- Value No.6 – We approach our guests, partners and one
another with fairness, open-mindedness and integrity.
- Value No.7 – We strive to deliver with grace in all that we
Vosges Haut-Chocolat offers a challenging, professional
team-work environment within a business casual, manufacturing
environment. We offer excellent career growth opportunities,
competitive salary package, profit sharing, 401(k), medical and
life insurance, as well as paid time-off. For additional
information on Vosges Haut-Chocolat please visit our website at:
Vosges Haut-Chocolat is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Qualified candidates please submit your resume to HR at Jobs@vosgeschocolate.com