Reishi Mushroom & Walnut Super Dark Chocolate Bar, Prosciutto & Buffalo Mozzarella Panini Recipe
This savory Chocolate recipe is perfect for meat and cheese and lovers. It calls for the freshest (2 days old or younger) Mozzarella di Bufala you can find, to which you combine nicoise olives, prosciutto, basil leaves, olive oil, and our Vosges® Reishi Mushroom & Walnut Super Dark Chocolate Bar. An easy recipe for a quick afternoon lunch, perfect for a picnic.
Prep Time: 12 Mins | Cook Time: 5 mins
- 1 3oz. Reishi Mushroom & Walnut Super Dark Chocolate Bar (need 3 squares)
- 1 ½ oz buffalo mozzarella
- 2 slices thick Italian country bread, about 1/2 inch thick and 4-5 inches wide
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- a sprinkle Murray River Pink Salt
- 3 slices prosciutto, La Quercia (new prosciutto sulfite free from Iowa)
- 2 basil leaves
- 5 nicoise olives, pitted and sliced
Katrina's Inspiration"I cannot describe my love of the real McCoy, fresh (meaning 2 days old or younger) Mozzarella di Bufala. It is not easy to find in the U.S. or should I say close to impossible, but this stringy, elastic and I would say a bit rubbery, fresh cheese is ..."
DirectionsEquipment needed: Panini press, waffle iron, clothes iron or cast iron pan.
1. Cut mozzarella into slices and place between sheets of cloth towels for at least 10 minutes to help eliminate the excess water in the cheese and prevent your panini from becoming soggy.
2. Brush olive oil on all sides of the bread. Place olives, Reishi Mushroom & Walnut Super Dark Chocolate Bar and salt on one side followed by the mozzarella, basil and prosciutto.
3. Press to golden brown and serve immediately.
Yields One Panino
Pairing tip: This recipe goes perfectly with a bottle of Italian Barbaresco.