Reishi Mushroom & Walnut Super Dark Chocolate Bar, Prosciutto & Buffalo Mozzarella Panini Recipe
This savory Chocolate recipe is perfect for meat and cheese and lovers. It calls for the freshest (2 days old or younger) Mozzarella di Bufala you can find, to which you combine nicoise olives, prosciutto, basil leaves, olive oil, and our Vosges® Reishi Mushroom & Walnut Super Dark Chocolate Bar. An easy recipe for a quick afternoon lunch, perfect for a picnic.
Prep Time: 12 Mins | Cook Time: 5 mins
- 1 3oz. Reishi Mushroom & Walnut Super Dark Chocolate Bar (need 3 squares)
- 1 ½ oz buffalo mozzarella
- 2 slices thick Italian country bread, about 1/2 inch thick and 4-5 inches wide
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- a sprinkle Murray River Pink Salt
- 3 slices prosciutto, La Quercia (new prosciutto sulfite free from Iowa)
- 2 basil leaves
- 5 nicoise olives, pitted and sliced
Katrina's Inspiration"I cannot describe my love of the real McCoy, fresh (meaning 2 days old or younger) Mozzarella di Bufala. It is not easy to find in the U.S. or should I say close to impossible, but this stringy, elastic and I would say a bit rubbery, fresh cheese is ..."
InstructionsEquipment needed: Panini press, waffle iron, clothes iron or cast iron pan.
1. Cut mozzarella into slices and place between sheets of cloth towels for at least 10 minutes to help eliminate the excess water in the cheese and prevent your panini from becoming soggy.
2. Brush olive oil on all sides of the bread. Place olives, Reishi Mushroom & Walnut Super Dark Chocolate Bar and salt on one side followed by the mozzarella, basil and prosciutto.
3. Press to golden brown and serve immediately.
Yields One Panino
Pairing tip: This recipe goes perfectly with a bottle of Italian Barbaresco.
Organic Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Panini Recipe
A delicious combination of savory and sweet, this recipe will satisfy even the strongest comfort food cravings. This organic peanut butter, chocolate and banana panini is made with a special butter from Isigny Ste Mere that contains coarse grains of grey sea salt.
Pina Ginger Irie Drink Recipe
This delicious and refreshing drink recipe was inspired by travels in Jamaica and the legendary Bob Marley and Rastafarian culture. In Rastafarian vocabulary, the word 'Irie' refers to positive emotions or feelings, or anything that is good. Turn up the Bob Marley and sip on a Pina Ginger Irie Drink to transport yourself to Jamaica and see how the sweet vibrations begin to flow...
Ricotta Cheese with Olive Oil and Dark Chocolate Recipe
This recipe is perfect for cheese and chocolate lovers. Crumbled Smoked Salt Chocolate Bar atop ricotta cheese...mmm. It takes just minutes to make a satisfying snack or you can also serve this Ricotta with an hors d'oeuvre plate. Use fresh ricotta for this recipe to enhance your chocolate and cheese experience.