Toucan Truffle Beignets
Vosges Huat-Chocolat® Toucan Truffle Beignets: fried rondures encased a molten explosion of liquid chocolate truffle.
- 1 pkg dry active yeast
- 1/2 cup whole milk, heated to 95F
- 9 oz. all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 oz. butter, unsalted and melted
- 6 oz. lukewarm American Irish Stout Beer
- 3 egg whites, whipped to stiff peaks
- canola oil
- Toucan Truffle Collection
Katrina's InspirationWhen I was living in Paris, studying at Le Cordon Bleu, I enjoyed a chocolate experience that changed my life. In the Place des Vosges, I was served warm, truffle beignets. Resembling little doughnuts, the fried rondures encased a molten explosion of liquid chocolate truffle. When I bit into the crunchy exterior, a flood of the most exquisite chocolate burst into my mouth.
- 1. In a medium bowl combine the yeast and the milk, set aside for 5 minutes.
- 2. Add the flour, sugar, salt and butter and whisk until well combined.
- 3. Add the beer and whisk to combine.
- 4. Drizzle the oil over the top of the batter, cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place for one hour.
- 5. Gently fold in the egg whites making sure to fully incorporate between each addition. Set aside.
- 6. Preheat the fryer to 350F.
- 7. Dip each frozen truffle in the batter and fry until golden brown about one minute.
- 8. Place on towel when fried to absorb any excess oil.
- 9. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve a la minute.
Mo's Bacon Bar Panini Recipe
Use your left hemisphere to follow the easy recipe and treat yourself to a Bacon and Chocolate panino. Then, step to the right of your left hemisphere to taste and feel the aromas, textures and flavors. This savory recipe combines our popular Mo's® Bacon Chocolate Bar with fresh bacon and Italian county bread slathered with a special butter from Isigny Ste Mere that contains coarse grains of grey sea salt.
Roasted Cacao Cauliflower Recipe
Roasted Cacao Cauliflower With Yogurt Dip And Grilled Naan
Maple Chocolate Pudding with Bacon Spoon Recipe
This sensuous and sizzlin' appetizer marries the savory and salty taste of crispy bacon with the sweet, rich taste of maple pudding with a hint of vanilla. These are wonderful hors d'oeuvres for breakfast and dinner, and they're perfect for entertaining.