An eye-catching cocktail for any dinner party or sunny afternoon made with butterfly pea flower tea, yuzu, honey, and tequila. Pair this purple crowd-pleaser with our Yuzu truffle from the Persephone Returns Truffle Collection.
Butterfly Pea Tea
- ¼ cup dried butterfly pea tea flowers
- 2 cups water
- 2 glasses of ice
- sugar or simple syrup or honey to taste
- lime juice or lemon juice to taste
- Tequila of your choice
- 2 ounces Yuzu Citrus puree
1. Boil 2 cups of water in a kettle. Transfer the water to a medium or large heat-safe dish and add the dried butterfly pea tea flowers to the water.
2. Stir the flowers in the water with a spoon and use the back of the spoon to press the flowers against the cup to extract their color. Continue to press the flowers for a few minutes or the color of the tea is dark enough.
3. Strain the tea with a mesh strainer and discard the flowers. Add sugar or syrup or honey and/or lemon or lime juice, if using.
4. Fill two glasses with ice and pour the blue pea tea into the glasses, filling about half way.
5. Add two ounces of Yuzu Citrus puree, two shots of tequila, and enjoy!