A Roots, Stems and Bark Cider perfect for the season.
Bring the fragrance of Autumn into your home this season with our homemade Wassail recipe. You can make it warm (or cold), alcoholic (or not), but this will surely be a treat to enjoy with family or friends.
- 1 tsp organic cherry stems
- 2 quills of ceylon cinnamon
- 1 knob of ginger, peels and sliced
- 1 gallon of apple cider (black tea or red wine works well too)
- 3-4 Chinese star anise for garnish
- Place all ingredients, except the star anise, in a pot over the stove
- Heat all ingredients together just before it boils
- Turn off the stove and let the ingredients infuse together for about 20 minutes
- Strain and serve hot or cold
- Garnish with star anise stars
- Optional: Add a splash of white rum
- Store the rest in the refrigerator until next enjoyment
Recommended Haut-Chocolat Pairing:
Chocolate Alchemy, The Healer Collection’s Damiana Mars planetary chocolate
Cherry stems (or tails) have long been associated with all types of love spells. They are used as phytotherapy, because they contain an abundance of antioxidants, have anti-inflammatory properties along with detoxification, prevention of kidney stones, managing cholesterol and weight loss benefits. However, cherry stems’ health benefits are not as widely known and are often discarded. They truly have a powerhouse of nutrients, just like the cherry fruit itself.