Chocolate Parmesan Tapioca with Scallops Recipe
This recipe is a study in balance: a soft bed of bubbly, parmesan and chocolate tapioca support the crispy, caramelized scallop topped with reishi mushroom organic dark chocolate shards, a drizzle of sweetened acidity in the balsamic must, and a sprinkle of crimson smoked paprika.
Prep Time: 20 Mins | Cook Time: 1 ½ Hours
- 3 ½ ounces Reishi Mushroom & Walnut Super Dark Chocolate Bar (72% dark chocolate, contains Reishi mushrooms & walnuts)
- 2¾ milk ½ cup large tapioca
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- ¼ cup coconut
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- black peppercorns, freshly milled medium size grain
- 12 large scallops
Katrina's Inspiration"I have long been drawn to the possible combination of seafood and chocolate. The match seems unlikely and thus it captures my imagination like wildfire. I believe that most edibles have a chocolate mate. And, I am fueled by the challenge so the prospect of devising a scrumptious seafood recipe has been at the top of my list."
- 1. Heat milk to warm, add tapioca and salt. Continue heating until small bubbles appear on the perimeter of the pan. Cover, turn heat to very low and cook for one hour or until soft.
- 2. Stir in egg yolks and chocolate and cook for about 15 minutes until very thick. Add Parmesan. Scallops:
- 1. Place saute pan on stove high heat, add grape seed or canola oil (any high flash point oil will work). When hot season, season scallops with salt and pepper and sear on each side for 1½ minutes per side.
- Serve ¼ cup of tapioca for every 2 scallops. Garnish with a sprinkle of smoked paprika. A drizzle of balsamic must. A sprinkle of Reishi Mushroom & Walnut Super Dark Chocolate Bar shards and pickled shallot on top. Servings: 6
- Serve just one scallop per person as a starter or alongside a crisp arugula salad as a first course. Add pickled shallots as a finishing touch.
Organic Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Panini Recipe
A delicious combination of savory and sweet, this recipe will satisfy even the strongest comfort food cravings. This organic peanut butter, chocolate and banana panini is made with a special butter from Isigny Ste Mere that contains coarse grains of grey sea salt.
Bacon Bar and Chorizo Stuffed Dates Recipe
The magic of that salty and spicy meat, a touch of sweet chocolate and some acidic tomato is heightened by a roasting process that brings it all together. Spread the flavor and try it out.
Bianca Breeze Recipe
This is a chilled version of our Drinking White Chocolate, Bianca Couture Cocoa. It's rich and satisfying, but not too sweet because the citrus notes of lemon myrtle cut the sweetness of white chocolate. Served in a martini glass, it makes the perfect dessert drink for entertaining.